Welcome to Trat

Trat Immigration office, Koh Chang & Laem NgopKoh Chang and Trat Immigration

Welcome to this website that provides some English language information about the Immigration offices in Laem Ngop, Klong Yai and Koh Chang, Trat province in eastern Thailand.  The official site is: http://tratimmigration.go.th

** Please note that the Laem Ngop Immigration office has now re-opened ( 1 June 2018 ) after a 3 month closure **

Offices are open from Monday to Friday. Opening hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We are closed for lunch break from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Here is some information about the main tasks we can perform for tourists visiting Trat and expats living here.

Extension of a Tourist Visa:

This can be done at the Laem Ngop and Klong Yai Immigration offices.  But not at the office on Koh Chang.  You will require the following to extend your Tourist Visa:

  • Your passport
  • 1,900 Baht
  • 1 completed application form (get this at the immigration office)
  • 1 passport photo (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm)
  • 1 photocopy of the main page of your passport
  • 1 photocopy of the page showing current visa stamp and Departure Card TM6

90 Day Reporting:

For foreigners who have a Non-Immigrant visa and who are required to report their place of residence every 90 days, can do so at the office on Koh Chang.  Located opposite Flora I-talay Resort on Klong Prao beach.

If you have all your documents in order, you should be in and out within 5 minutes.

You need to fill out the TM47 form and also bring photocopies of the following pages in your passport.

In addition, you may be asked to show proof of address. So, please prepare a photocopy of your house registration or rental contract. ( More details here. )

  • Your passport
  • 1 completed TM47 application form (get this at the immigration office)
  • 1 photocopy of the main page of your passport
  • 1 photocopy of the page(s) showing last entry stamp into Thailand, last visa extension and Departure Card TM6
  • 1 photocopy of house / bungalow rental contract or house registration book

Immigration office locations:

Laem Ngop:

Laem Ngop Immigration office is in the centre of Laem Ngop village 100 metres walk from the pier.

You can take a songtaew from either Trat bus station or one of the ferry piers to Laem Ngop. In Laem Ngop village take the road adjacent to the police station and you will see the Immigration office.

Klong Yai:

Unless you are staying near the border, you probably won’t need to visit this office as the Laem ngop office will be more convenient for tourists and foreigners living and working on Koh Chang and other islands..

Klong Yai Immigration office is located just outside Klong Yai town, on Soi Tessaban near the hospital and football stadium.

If you are staying on Ko Chang you can take one of the minibus services that go to the border at Hat Lek. The return ticket price is about 800 Baht per person. Buy tickets from a tour agent on Koh Chang.

From Trat bus station you can take any public minibus which is going to Hat Lek. It can drop you off in Klong Yai town.  That is 80 Baht per person.  When you get off the minibus, take a motorbike taxi to the Immigration office

Koh Chang:

Koh Chang Immigration Office is located on the main road opposite Flora Italay Resort, Klong Prao. * Please note that this only provides limited services. *


For inquiries related to visas, please call:  039-951-0840 ( Laem Ngop ) or 039-510-242 ext 105 ( Klong Yai ) .  Monday to Friday during office hours only

Email: tratimmigration@gmail.com